Vintage bridle

Februari 2015
Very recently, my new resin Geordie LaFjord arrived. Though I’m never lacking for inspiration, this pony was just shouting out hard for a bridle, even harder than all the other horses in my herd! I had this great idea for a vintage bridle for Geordie, like you saw them a few generations ago. With the custom laced browband (often DIY projects), the brown lace and the D-bit. Then, yesterday evening, I couldn’t help myself, just hád to make it!
Later on I’ll make a saddle to go with it (not sure what kind yet).

Flash bridle

Februari 2015
It’s always a bit tedious to make a bridle fitting for dressage as well as jumping. Luckily in English riding, the lower level dressage bridles often look the same as jumping bridles, except for the reins, because original dressage reins are all smooth while jumping reins have knobs on them for easier hold. Though, the jumping reins are accepted in lower level dressage competitions too, while dressage reins wouldn’t be handy while jumping. So for the midway dressage-jumping bridle, jumping reins would be the best choice.
Here is the midway-bridle I created for Erika.

Lined Portuguese set

January 2015
It has been álmost finished for a bit, but now this set is finally all done! It’s a black brown portuguese set with extra gold, gold and some more gold details.
Also, it’s the first portuguese set in which I’ve lined the bridle and breastcollar, and I like the result véry much.

Vaulting set

January 2015
This Vaulting set is for Claudia from the Netherlands! It was a bit more difficult to make than I thought (especially the handles!) but I really like the end result. This set is made to fit Claudia’s Rose Reiner. And now the most fun thing: Claudia lives in the Netherlands, so I’ll likely see this set back on live shows! I’m very curious to what she’s gonna do with it, yay!

1920’s ladies astride set

January 2015
In these last few weeks, I’ve finished a portugeuse set and a historica  set. Unfortunately enough, the ornaments for my portugeuse set haven’t arrived yet, so pics will come later.
Though, I do have the pics of the other set! The saddle has been based on a 1920’s Ladies Astride saddle, with a matching bridle and a rope girth with four buckles, which were popular back then.
This set was quite challenging because it’s nothing alike anything I’ve made before, and it seems to have be a combination between a western and an english saddle. I have heavily customized a western saddle for it, and this really gives the saddle it’s distinctive shape!

Pleasure harness

December 2014
While I was making the rust coloured harness, I’ve also made this black one! This harness is a commission for Heli, and it’s made to fit her Victrix.

Pleasure harness

December 2014
Here’s what I’ve been working on since finishing the barrel racing set. This is a pleasure harness (hence all the thin straps) which has been made to fit Victrix and simular sized models. The harness has several glossy details, and is rust coloured. It will look great on dark coloured horses! The harness still misses several parts (the traces for example), this is because the harness is for sale. After I’ve sold it, I’ll make these parts to fit the cart of the new owner perfectly!

Barrel racing set

November 2014
This is the final set for Lynn’s order, a barrel racing saddle set. The saddle is based on a saddle from Brittany Pozzy, who makes amazing saddles for the barrel racing sport!
This set was made to fit Hickory, and to my surprise (and delight!) his sizes are simulair to those of my Brio Sombra, so the set fits him perfectly too!

Working equitation German style

November 2014
Wooh, another portuguese set! This one is for Kellye. It has a bridle based on those from the German Working Equitation Team, combined with a pretty simple breastcollar and crupper. The set is made to fit Alborozo, Wyatt and Deseoso. That means that it includes two bridles and two cruppers to make it fit on the bigger one (Deseoso).

The winged set

November 2014
I think everyone is familiair with “thát person”. So far, I’ve always had fun customers to make tack for, everyone is great to work with =D
Still, I also have “thát” customer. But in a good way! Lynn always thinks of these amazing tack sets for me to make her! Like the pony express set I’ve finished a couple of weeks ago, and the extensively decorated western set I’ll make very soon. But I think that the set I’ve just finished really tops it all! I call it: The winged set. Very original, I know